Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Animus

Sometimes, there is a time for all of us, when we want to talk to someone who isn't there. Sometimes ,there is a time when we want to talk about things that drive us, that define us, that keep us busy. I started this place just for that, to talk to the void, to talk to people that aren't there. I made this place so I could tell a story that unfolded inside of me, that yearned to be let out, or that would and did explode in tears.
Life never is easy, we all wish to run away from it. We all wish we could take a break, just sit there and think things over. We all wish for time, we all wish for wisdom, for what to do, for what will come.
Perhaps this place, for me, is a place of self reflection. But I know, for me, this place is also of catharsis, and of expression. For me it allows me to express what can't be expressed. Things for me that can't see the daylight, nor can see reality. It's for that, that I write a story, no that I write stories: Worlds in me that yearn to get out, but can't be shown during the day, can't be expressed to friends, or family, or people in general.
It's during these moments, these moments that my mind yearns for a break, that my soul bursts with doubt about my path, with fear for the future, my hope for my goal, that my mind wanders of to the worlds I create. The worlds where one can be what he or she wants to be. Where all can be written as we wish, where all can end as we wish. But still, if we would let the world in our minds unfold when we write it, would we not face the same hardships, the same inner turmoil and doubts and fears and hopes as in the real world.
They say that the grass is greener on the other side. So our minds create these "other sides". But really, are they so much better? They are filled with magic, monsters, knights, warriors, fighters, aliens, antagonists, protagonists, allies and enemies and friends and hopes and fear and futures. Same like our own worlds, our own realities.
But still, we go to the other side. It's for that that we write and create the worlds, it's for that that we allow our alter ego's, our avatars to lead the way into these so called greener pastures.
Everyone has doubts. Everyone everywhere sometimes feels like I feel now, like you don't have the strength to carry on to the next morning. That you wish that this day would not end for fear that tomorrow you will falter, and your path eternally altered to a less bright future. We wish... But still, we have no choice.
It's for that purpose that we create these other worlds, that I wish to create worlds and places and stories. For they allow us to face our fears on a different ground, they allow us to forge ahead into our future. They allow us to fight our doubts, and see them crushed beneath our own soles/souls, so that we can keep building our tomorrows. It is for *that*, the fact that we can go to sleep in peace, and wake with the knowledge that this tomorrow, this new day will be a Good Day, it's for that, that I want to create worlds...

It's for fighting my own doubts, facing my own fears, it's for putting myself at ease, so I can go to sleep, knowing tomorrow I will find my path, and that it shall lead me to a future I always wanted...

So here I say: Mor, welcome to my world, friend. May you find the same peace I find here, and may you forge your own blade to fight your demons.

We will stride on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home